|Fabrics are sooo fun to draw! XD|
I am primarily an illustrator of the comic book variety, but I dabble in just about everything. Also: Give a llama, get a llama! ^^|
Name: Emma Kate
Nickname: President Emma Meow Meow Future Dictator of the World (yes, there are people that call me that), Emma Kitty, EK
Height: 5' 7"
Music Genre: Electro, Indie Rock, French House
Favorite Genre: Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic, Dark Comedy
I live in Washington where the sun don't shine, also known as the greater Seattle area. I am currently attending community college, but I hope to attend SCAD someday and get a degree in Sequential Arts. I'm a little on the wacky side and if you see anyone racing in rolling drafting tables around the art building, it's probably me and some poor soul I talked into it.
I like magical girls, shounen, 80s pop culture, comic books, and various forms of electronic music. I love old things. In particular, I love old things that are toys or made of paper. I have a large doll collection I take very seriously and please do not bring up the song "Barbie Girl" in my presence.
Also, I have dyscalculia. Spread awareness it exists!
O! Hei! I has a webcomic! It is about awesomes.
2. Do you have a personal favorite among your OCs?
I don't have a favorite so to speak, but there are some I like more than others. And how often I draw them doesn't really equal how much I like them.
3. Have you ever adopted a character or gotten a character from someone else?
Yeah, I've gotten a few as trades. I intend to use them as secondary characters and minor villains in some of my stories.
4. A character you rarely talk about?
I have so many that haven't even made it onto dA yet, but of all the ones on dA the ones I probably talk about the least is Aylana and her friends.
(many of which still have not made it onto dA... lol)
6. Two OCs of yours that look alike despite not being related?
Probably Jessie and the old man's granddaughter.
Okay, this picture of the granddaughter from my comic is a bit out of date, but my mom used to get these two mixed up whenever she read DGR.
7. Are your OCs part of any story or stories?
ALL OF THEM. I don't have a single OC that doesn't belong to a story.
8. Do you RP as any of your OCs? If you do, introduce one of your RP OCs here!
Naw, I mean Kriemhild is kinda? I don't really RP as her, but she is from a sort of RP group and I do have a blog for her.
10. Introduce an OC with a complicated design?
Ha ha, that'd be most of them, but I guess Xebra would be the most complex on average of them all.
(Gotta remember all her tattoos and piercing whenever I draw her)
She's a thrift store comber and often Frankensteins her own clothes to personalize them. She works at a used bookstore.
11. Is there any OC of yours you could describe as a “sunshine”?
Daren. Just look at this guy. He thrives on making people laugh. He likes baking stuff for people. He loves hugs and dressing garishly and cookies and friendship and dramatic entrances and can be pretty darn obnoxious sometimes.
(need more pictures of him on dA, I don't have many up)
12. Name an OC that isn’t yours but who you like a lot
14. Introduce an OC with a tragic backstory
15. Do you like to talk about your OCs with other people?
Don't get me started I won't shut up.
17. Any OC OTPs?
Maybe a few ship teases, but not really.
18. Any OC crackships?
If anyone were to ship these two I would die of laughter.
19. Introduce an OC that means a lot to you (and explain why)
Chrissy was one of my first OCs I put any thought into.
Same with Jix (really old pic).
20. Do any of your OCs sing? If they sing, care to share more details (headcanon voice, what kind of songs they like etc)?
Seriph sang as a performer when she was a teen before she started to work for the government.
21. Your most artistic OC?
I don't have any good pictures of her up, but my OC Welatre is capable of portraiture, she doesn't have much creativity though.
22. Is there any OC of yours people tend to mischaracterize? If yes, how?
I think people forget that my OCs are more than skin deep. I also think a lot of people draw they more cutesy than they are.
23. Introduce OC that has changed from your first idea concerning what the character would be like?
ALL OF THESE DORKS HAVE CHANGED A LOT. Originally, Shapiro was just a figurehead queen and not much else, Daren was a douchey dudebro, Reaper was uber creepy, Seriph was very serious and overly confident, and Welatre was very... Kawaii in personality as well as in appearance.
24. If you could meet one OC of yours, who would it be and why?
25. The OC that resembles you the most (same hobby, height, shared like/dislike for something etc?)
Kriemhild is based off of me but with a slightly different build (she's pear, I'm hourglass), and with extra insecurities.
26. Have you ever had to change your OC’s design or something else about them against your will?
My OC Alexa was part of a joint project with a friend. She originally had a black outfit with shorts instead of a pencil skirt and had short, straight hair with straight across bangs. My friend insisted on changing it.
27. Any OCs that were inspired by a certain song?
Naw man, naw.
28. Your most dangerous OC?
29. Which one of your OCs would go investigate an abandoned house at night without telling anyone they’re going?
Reaper. He likes to do things by himself and usually doesn't think to tell anyone anything about his doings.
30. Which one of your OCs would most likely have a secret stuffed animal collection?
31. Pick one OC of yours and explain what their tumblr blog would be like (what they reblog, layout, anything really)
Seriph's would be mostly feminism and social justice and rants about life. Also, lots of cute cats.
32. Which one of your OCs would be the most suitable horror game protagonist and why?
Aylana. Nothing scares her. Jumpscare? Naw man, just a jump with no scare. Flashlight goes out? That's alright, she'll just hit her shins on stuff. Monsters? Pfft. She knows people that are bigger monster.
34. Do you have any twin characters?
35. Any sibling characters?
Yeah, but that's spoiler-level material.
36. Do you have OC pairs where the other part belongs to someone else (siblings, lovers, friends etc)?
37. Introduce an OC who is not quite human
Menela is half human, but the other half is a mystery to her because her mom won't talk about her dad. Reaper seems not to be human? No one knows what Welatre is. She's pretty much.. sentient water. Slayde is an elf (not much to say there).
38. Which one of your OCs would be the best dancer?
Probably Alexa for the gals and Daren out of all the dudes.
39. Introduce any character you want
40. Any fond memories linked to your characters? Feel free to share!
41. Has anyone drawn fanart of your OCs? If yes, maybe show a picture or two here (remember sources & permissions!)
42. Which one of your OCs would be the most interested in Greek gods?
43. Do you have any certain type when you create your OCs? Do you tend to favour some certain traits or looks? It’s time to confess.
44. Something you like about your OCs in general
They're all dorks in my head.
45. A character you no longer use?
46. Has anyone ever told you that you treat your OCs badly?
47. Has anyone ever (friendly) claimed any of your OCs as their child?
I dunno, I've had friends tell me they love certain characters...?
48. OC who is a perfect cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure
49. Which one of your OCs would most likely enjoy memes?
Shapiro. She was raised to not laugh often and hasn't been exposed to much humor. She would probably think just about anything is funny when she's alone.
50. Give me the good ol’ OC talk here. Talk about anything you want
I'm so lazy right now....I'm surprised I even got through this thing so not today